In a bid to wash an electric blanket, many have destroyed many blankets in the past. You don’t have to be ashamed to learn how to wash it; many people like yourself don’t know. It is for this reason that we therefore present you a guide on how to wash an electric blanket without stress.
|Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay|
Electric blanket are very good for us, especially with the comfort they offer us when they are on our bed. These blankets can also produce heats that are capable of relieving the body of pains and aches.
The good side of the electric blanket is quite impressive. However, it has a downside with is the process of cleaning it. If not properly cleaned, this could reduce the quality.
Can I Wash an Electric Blanket Like Other Blankets?
An electric blanket is quite different from other blankets we know and are used to. However, washing it is not too different from how you wash a normal blanket.
But, wait, how about the power cords and cables laid inside? Thanks to technological advancements – this power cords, wiring and cables are set up in a way that you can dip them into water without ruining them. Just follow our safe methods.
Which Method is the Safest from Washing Electric Blanket?
You can actually hand wash an electric blanket, you can also wash with an electric machine. Any of the two will work fine if you studiously can carefully follow this instructions and guide.
Wash an Electric Blanket by Hand Wash
Like we have said earlier, you can hand wash an electric blanket. Follow the instructions we shall provide below:
- Unplug the blanket and disconnect the plug from the blanket
- Fill up a basin or wash bowl with adequate warm water
- Add sufficient laundry detergent to the water (check the instructions on the container)
- Make suds by swishing the detergent with your hands
- Put the blanket in the water and soak for about 20 minutes
- Afterwards, wash the blanket by gently squeezing for about a minute or two
- Rinse with a fresh cold water and gently squeeze water out of it
- Hang the blanket to dry
Wash an Electric Blanket with a Washing Machine
Here is how to wash an electric blanket with a washing machine:
- Unplug the blanket’s electric cord from wall socket and disconnect the power cord from the blanket
- Set the machine to a gentle cycle
- Ensure you set the loading size function to such that will accommodate the size of the blanket
- Fill the tube area with lukewarm water
- Add adequate laundry detergent
- Let the machine work for about a minute or two, then stop it
- Soak the electric blanket and leave it to soak for about 25 minutes
- After that time, turn the machine back on and let it work for about 3 to 4 minutes
- Switch to the rinse cycle
- Rinse and spin for a while
- Turn on the dryer for about 1 or 2 minutes
- Put the electric blanket in the dryer and set the timer to 10 minutes
- Afterwards, remove it and stretch to its original state
Final Thoughts on How to Wash an Electric Blanket
Electric blankets are somewhat expensive, but they worth every dime spent on them, as they are very beneficial to users. Washing them when dirty has been a headache to many people; however, it should not cause you stress any longer.
This guide has comprehensively discussed how to wash an electric blanket with a washing machine.