If you are here, there is a high chance that you have seen bed bug blood stains or poop stains on your bed and bed sheets.
|Bed bug, via Pixabay|
This guide will however set you on the right path of removing bed bug bloods stains or poop stains from your bed sheet and beds.
How Much of Blood Stains can Bed Bug Cause?
According to experts, an adult bed bug can cause blood stains six times within the period of fourteen days.
By implication, if you are seeing many stains, it shows that you have quite a number of bed bug in your home.
Bed bugs don’t leave blood stains alone, they also leave brownish dried and dark dried stains. If your house is not immediately and properly disinfected and fumigated, they are bound to continually reproduce.
Having known basic things about bed bugs, let us see how we can remove blood stains caused by bed bug.
How to Remove Bed Bug Blood Stains from Bed Sheets
Let’s take a look at the effective ways of removing bed bug blood stains from bed sheets:
- Immediately you notice these stains, quickly remove the bed sheet. The longer you leave the stains on it, the more difficult it will be to remove it.
- Mix an enzyme based cleaner in a cold water (products with blood stain remover on the label are the best for this)
- Soak the sheet inside the water and brush gently after 30 minutes of soaking
- Rinse it in a cold water
- Sun dry the sheet
Another method that is applicable to removing bed bug blood stains from sheets is by using bleach or hydrogen peroxide.
- This is great for white sheets
- Test a small area of the sheet with a bleach/hydrogen peroxide mixture first before applying to the whole. Should you notice any sign of fading, then you should stop; if not, move on with the other steps
- Treat the affected spots with the mixture
- After which you should wash the bed sheet with a cold water and a laundry detergent
- Rinse in a cold water
- Sun dry the bed sheet
Final Thoughts on How to Remove Bed Bug Stains and Blood Stains from Bed Sheets
Getting rid of bed bug blood stains and poop stains is not as difficult as you think. By following this guide, you will easily remove bed bug stains and bloods stains from your bed sheets.
Let’s hear your views.