|Fabrics, via Stockcnap|
Bed bugs are annoying insects, their blood stains and poop stains are however annoying, especially on piece of clothing.
Why do Bed Bugs Leave Stains on Fabrics?
Bed bug blood stains can be found anywhere around the house. Sometimes, the signs for knowing your house is infected with bed bug is through the brownish or reddish colored stains they leave.
These stains can be found in any part of the home including piece of clothing items. Aside from fabrics, they are also found on mattresses, furniture, walls, carpets and more.
Even after cleaning, this does not stop the stains from appearing on fabric or other places at home. The only way of totally eradicating these stains is by wiping out bed bug at home.
Here are the reasons why bed bug leave stains and blood stains on fabrics and other materials at home:
- By nature, bed bugs leave fecal matter wherever they are hiding
- For them to grow, they need to feed on blood. The blood bed bugs feed on and their fecal matter are released on surfaces they stay on. This in turn causes stains on fabrics
- Their eggs have sticky materials at the back, which glues them on surfaces, this will in turn cause stains on fabrics
Best Ways of Removing Bed Bug Stains from Fabrics or Clothing
Here is the best practice to get rid of blood stains in fabrics or any piece of clothing item:
- Bowl or sink
- Cold water
- Laundry detergent
- Pour the cold water into a bowl and mix a sizeable amount of laundry detergent and 1 tablespoon of ammonia
- Soak fabric(s) inside the mixture for a few minutes before washing
- Rinse with cold water
- If you still notice the stain on your cloth, soak with cold water and vinegar and leave for about 1 – 2 hours
- Wash and rinse with cold water
- Air dry or sun dry the fabric
Final Thoughts on Removing Bed Bug Blood Stains on Fabrics
That is all on how to remove bed bug blood stains on fabrics. Seeing these stains are annoying, but you can easily wash off the stains when you notice them on your clothing items.
You should note that you can only completely get rid of these stains at home when you get rid of the bed bugs entirely.