This article comprehensively discusses and covers how to get nail out of polish. Ladies love painting their nails with nail polish, and sometimes, due to one mistake or another, the nail polish might spill on the carpet, this doesn’t sound too good or look nice, as it will leave a stain on the carpet.
|Image from: Pixabay|
If you have experienced this or experiencing it at the moment, you don’t have to panic, as you will be given tips on how to remove polish from your carpet.
Here are the different tips you can follow to remove nail polish stains from your carpet.
Tips on How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet
We present you the best tips for removing nail polish from your carpet.
Blot Away Excess Spillage – First Thing to do
Immediately you notice the nail polish has spilled on the carpet, you don’t have to panic. The first line of action should be blotting away excess nail polish on the carpet. You can do this with a paper towel. Ensure you don’t spread it everywhere.
In case the polish is dry, you can use a blunt knife or any related object to scrape the polish.
Get Nail Polish out of Carpet with BAKING SODA or VINEGAR
Baking soda or vinegar will do just fine in trying to remove nail polish from carpet. The two are trusted agents that will do the job just fine.
If you want to use baking soda, here is how to go about it:
- Sprinkle enough baking soda on the nail polish stain, ensure it covers it all.
- After then, pour ginger ale on the surface and leave it to soak for about 15 minutes
- Then, scrub the affected area until the stain comes clean
If you intend using vinegar to get nail polish out of carpet, here is the ideal way of going about it:
- Wet the stain with pure vinegar
- Soak a paper towel with vinegar and place on top of the affected area; leave for about 10-15 minutes
- Scrub the stain gently until it’s gone
Remove Nail Polish from Carpet with Nail Polish Remover
Another method of removing nail polish from carpet is using nail polish remover. Test it out on a smaller part before applying to the whole stain. If you notice carpet discoloration, then don’t proceed.
You don’t have to use much of this agent; just a little quantity will do the job. How do you go about this?
- Soak a paper towel or washcloth with a portion of nail polish
- Dab the skin gently with the wash cloth or paper towel
- Repeat this process until the stains clears up.
NOTE: This method works best on fresh stains
Get Polish Out of Carpet with HAIRSPRAY
Hairspray might just be the magic trick you need in removing nail polish stains from your carpet. How do you do this?
- Use cold water to wet the affected area
- Spray about 15 pumps of hairspray on the stain
- Drop about 4-5 tiny splashes of rubbing alcohol on the stain
- Scrub the stained area with any cleaning tool such as brush, toothbrush etc
NOTE: This method works best on stains that are dry already
Use DISH SOAP to Remove Polish from Carpet
Another method of removing nail polish from carpet is by using dish washer. Although this method does not really work on its own; it works best when used together with the other methods.
Methods of Removing Polish Out of Carpet – Summary
- Blot away excess spillage
- Baking soda
- Polish remover
- Hairspray dish soap
What to do if these Methods do not Work
Having tried the above methods, if you are unable to remove the polish; then, it is advisable you call on professionals to help you with removing the polish stains from your carpet.