When talking about home cleaning, especially cleaning the kitchen; cleaning the stove is one essential part that can never and should never be neglected. Here, we will walk you through how to clean stove grates and burners.
Stove grates and burners are essential parts of a stove and very important as far as cooking is concerned. They need to be clean in order for them not to rust, disappoint when cooking or cause fire accident at home.
The best practice is to wipe or clean stove grates and burner immediately after usage. But, we all know, it doesn’t work like that most of the time. However, we have the perfect solution – just for you.
Best Ways of Cleaning Stove Crates and Burner
We present you the perfect DIY for cleaning stove grates.
Clean Stove Grates and Burner with Vinegar and Baking Soda
You can clean your stove grates and burner with vinegar and baking soda. Baking soda will help by easily removing dried food on them, while vinegar on the other hand help in breaking down the grease.
Items Needed for Cleaning Stove Grates and Burner with Vinegar and Baking Soda:
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Small bowl or dish
- Spray bottle
- Scrub pad
- Soft bristle brush
Instructions on Cleaning Stove Grates with Vinegar and Baking Soda
- Mix an equal part of vinegar and water
- Put the grates inside the mixture and leave for around 45 minutes
- After then, remove the grates and rinse with clean water
- Make a thick paste with water and baking soda
- Apply the paste on the stove grates to cover it
- Leave it to sit for 35 minutes
- Remove with scrub brush and rinse off
Instructions on Cleaning Burners with Vinegar and Baking Soda
- Mix an equal part of water and vinegar
- Pour in a spray bottle
- Spray on the burners and ensure it covers them
- Leave for around 30 minutes
- Make a paste with baking soda and water
- Apply on the burner and leave for about 25 minutes
- Scrub off using a scrub brush
Clean stove grates and burners with Lemon Juice
Lemon juice will do fine in removing dirt from stove grates and burner. Just follow our instructions:
Items Needed for Cleaning Stove Grates and Burner with Lemon Juice
- Lemon juice
- Dish rag/washcloth
- Plastic zipper bags (big enough to accommodate the grates)
- Soft scrub brush
Instructions on Cleaning Stove Grates using Lemon Juice
- Put the stove grates inside the plastic bags
- Pour and fill the plastic zipper bag with lemon juice and leave for 45 minutes
- Remove the grates and scrub off with the brush
- Rinse with clean water
Instructions on Cleaning Burners with Lemon Juice
- Pour lemon juice inside a container and soak the dish rage or washcloth in it
- Rub the dish rag/washcloth on the burner and leave for 25 minutes
- Scrub the dirt on the burner using a scrub brush
Clean Stove Grates and Burners by Rinsing with Vinegar
Do you know that by rinsing your stove and burners with vinegar, you can get rid of the stains and dirt, and make it clean?
Vinegar will do just fine in cleaning stove grates as well as ensuring you have clean burners. Follow our instructions:
Items needed for Cleaning Stove Grates and Burners with Vinegar
- Soft brush
- Spray bottle
Instructions on cleaning Stove Grates by Rinsing with Vinegar
- Mix equal parts of water and vinegar inside a bowl
- Dip the stove grates completely into the mixture and soak for about 35 minutes
- Remove stove grates from the mixture and scrub off using a brush
- Rinse with a clean water
Instructions on Cleaning Burner by Rinsing with Vinegar
- Mix an equal part of vinegar and water and pour inside a spray bottle
- Spray the burner and leave for about 25 minutes
- Scrub off with a scrub brush
Final Thoughts on How to Clean Stove Grates and Burner
The various methods we have discussed will work just fine for you. Just ensure you follow the instructions carefully and do the necessary steps rightly.
You should also note that cleaning your stove from time to time will help in improving the life span as well as give you ease in doing it.
With this comprehensive guide, you should know how to clean stove grates and burner now. Let us hear your view, questions and opinion in the comment section.